Gregory Y. LaChaud, M.D.Book Online
Orthopaedic Oncology Fellowship
Gregory Y. LaChaud, M.D., is one of five fellowship-trained orthopaedic oncologists in the entire state of Georgia. He provides care to his patients at our Brookhaven and Piedmont West locations. His practice primarily focuses on treating both benign and malignant tumors. This includes primary bone and soft tissue sarcomas, multiple myeloma, lymphoma, and also metastatic disease affecting the musculoskeletal system. Dr. LaChaud’s practice requires advanced, unconventional solutions to difficult problems.
In addition to oncology, Dr. LaChaud performs primary and complex joint reconstructions and deformity correction surgery in non-oncologic patients. He also enjoys general orthopedics including soft tissue releases, shoulder and knee scopes, and fracture care. Dr. LaChaud takes pride in educating his patients on their underlying condition and personalizing their care.
Dr. LaChaud attended Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri where he lettered in football all four years while obtaining a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. He received his Doctor of Medicine from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville, Tennessee, and during his medical training he completed a Medical Scholars Research year at the University of California, Los Angeles working on potential treatment for bone forming tumors. He completed his Orthopedic Surgery Residency and decided to stay for the prestigious fellowship in Orthopedic Oncology at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida.
Areas of Interest
- Primary Bone Sarcoma
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- Multiple Myeloma
- Metastatic Disease
- Primary Joint Reconstruction
- Complex Joint Reconstruction
- General Orthopedics
- Fracture Care
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellowship: University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 2022, Orthopaedic Oncology Fellowship
Residency: University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 2021, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
Internship: University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 2017, Surgery Internship
Medical Degree: Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, Tennessee, 2016, Doctor of Medicine
Undergraduate Degree: Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, 2010, Bachelor of Science, Biology
Memberships & Recognition
- Southern Orthopaedic Association - Resident member
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand - Resident member
- American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons – Resident member
- 2015 Mravic M, LaChaud G, Nguyen A, Scott M, Dry S, James AW. Clinical and Histopathological Diagnosis of Glomus tumor: An Institutional Experience of 138 Cases; International Journal of Surgical Pathology, May
- 2015 Shen J, LaChaud G, Khadarian K, Shesthra S, Zhang X, Soo C, Ting K, Dry SM, James AW. NELL-1 expression in benign and malignant bone tumors. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, May 2015;
- 2015 Chang L, Shrestha S, LaChaud G, Scott MA, James AW. Review of microRNA in osteosarcoma and chondrosarcoma. Medical Oncology, June 2015; 32(6):613.
- 2015 Singh K, Bauer J, LaChaud G, Bible J, Mir H. Surgical Site Infection in High-Energy Peri-articular Tibia Fractures with Intra-Wound Vancomycin Powder: A Retrospective Study. Journal of Orthopaedics and
Traumatology, Dec 2015; 16(4):287-91.
- 2015 Shen j, LaChaud G, Shrestha S, Asatrian G, Zhang X, Dry SM, Soo C, Ting K, James AW. NELL-1 expression in tumors of cartilage. Journal of Orthopaedics, Dec 2015; 12(Suppl 2):S223-9.
- 2015 Jiang Z, Guo M, Shi C, Wang H, Yao L, Liu L, Xie C, Pu S, LaChaud G, Shen J, Zhu M, Mu L, Ge H, Long Y, Wang X, Song Y, Sun J, Hou X, Zarringhalam A, Park SH, Shi C, Shen H, Lin Z. Protection against cognitive impairment and modification of epileptogenesis with curcumin in a post-status epilepticus model of temporal lobe epilepsy. Neuroscience, Dec 2015; 310:362-71.
- 2016 James AW, LaChaud G, Shen J, Zhang X, Ting K, Soo C. A review of the safety profile of bone morphogenetic protein-2. Tissue Engineering B, Aug 2016; 22(4):284-97.
- 2016 Lee Y, Wu A, Zukerman S, Stanko K, LaChaud G, Solomon G, Sills A. Obesity and neurocognitive recovery after sports-related concussion in athletes: A case-control study. American Journal of Sports Medicine, Sept 2016; 44(3):217-22.
- 2016 Shen J, Meyers CA, Shrestha S, Singh A, LaChaud G, Nguyen V, Asatrian G, Federman N, Bernthal N, Eilber FC, Dry SM, Ting K, Soo C, James AW. Sclerostin expression in skeletal sarcomas. Human Pathology, Dec 2016; 58:24-34.
- 2020 Schoch B, Vasilopoulos T, LaChaud G, Wright T, Roche C, King J, Werthel J. Optimal Glenoid Size Cannot Be Determined by Patient Height. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, Feb 2020; 29(2):258-265.
- 2020 Williams B, Michel R, LaChaud G, Farmer K, King J. Outcome Measure Utilization Demonstrates No Relation to Journal Rank or Level of Evidence for Superior Labral Tears of the Shoulder. Cureus, Mar 5, 2020. 12(3):e7189.
- 2020 LaChaud G, Schoch B, Wright T, Roche C, Flurin P, Zuckerman J, King J. Humeral Stem Lucencies Correlate with Worse Clinical Outcomes in Anatomic Total Shoulder Arthroplasty. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery International, Sept 2020; 4(3): 669-674.
- 2021 Rizk P, LaChaud G, Zarezadeh A, Jang E, Nasri E, Prieto H, Spiguel A. Complex Reconstruction for Acetabular Pathologic Fracture in Unusual Chondroblastoma with Aneurysmal Bone Cyst. Arthroplasty Today, Dec 2021; Accepted for publication.
In his spare time, Dr. LaChaud enjoys sports (both watching and participating) and is an avid sports fan of the NBA, NFL, and NCAA. He enjoys outdoor activities including biking, hiking, kayaking, and camping, as well as traveling, music, and the arts.
Piedmont Atlanta Hospital
Piedmont West Surgery Center
Member of the Piedmont Clinic