Yolanda C. Scott, M.D.Make an Appointment
Physiatry, Pain Management and Interventional Spine
Dr. Yolanda Scott is a Physiatrist that is Board Certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R). She provides non-surgical orthopedic care, including non-surgical spine, musculoskeletal medicine, and functional medicine to patients suffering muscular, nerve, joint and tendon injuries. Her areas of interest include neck, low back pain, joint injection, regenerative medicine, and chronic pelvic pain.
Dr. Scott is skilled in conducting diagnostic testing for neuropathic conditions using electromyography. She specializes in precision-based treatments such as fluoroscopically guided interventional spinal procedures, including, but not limited to, epidural injections, medial branch blocks, facet joint injections, and sacroiliac joint injections. She performs ultrasound-guided peripheral joint injections as well as myofascial trigger point injections for muscle tender points and acute muscle spasms.
Dr Scott believes in creating a collaborative treatment plan to improve a patient's physical limitation. The treatment goals are to improve conditioning and provide an opportunity to return to an optimal lifestyle.
Areas of Interest
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) / Physiatry
- Non-Surgical Spine
- Epidurals - Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar, Caudal
- Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections / Selective Nerve Root Blocks - Lumbar
- Medial Branch Block / RFA: Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar
- Facet injections: Cervical, Lumbar
- Sympathetic Nerve Blocks: Lumbar
- Sacroiliac Joint injections
- Piriformis Injections
- Intercostal Nerve Blocks: Thoracic
- Intra-articular Hip Injections
- Occipital Nerve Blocks
- Suprascapular Nerve Blocks
- Geniculate Nerve Blocks/Ablation
- Shoulder, Elbow, Knee Injections
- Peripheral Nerve Blocks
- Ischial Tuberosity Bursa Injection
- Kyphoplasty: Lumbar
- Regenerative medicine procedures
- Occupational and Work Injuries
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Fellowship: Non Surgical Orthopedics, Marietta, GA, 2015, Interventional Spine and Pain Fellowship
- Residency: The Mount Sinai School of Medicine (MSSM), New York, NY, 2014, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency
- Residency: The Mount Sinai School of Medicine at Elmhurst Hospital, Queens, NY, 2011, Internal Medicine Residency
- Medical Degree: Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, 2010, Doctor of Medicine
- Undergraduate Degree: Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY, 2002, Bachelor of Arts, English and Philosophy
Memberships & Recognition
- Greater Atlanta Pain Society
- Medical Association of Atlanta
- Medical Association of Georgia
- International Pelvic Pain Society (IPPS)
- Georgia Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (GSIPP)
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP)
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPMR)
- Pain Management in Pregnancy Chapter, Pain Management Clinical Pocket Guide, 1st Edition, Sackheim, KS; Scott, Y.C., New York, NY, Springer, 2014
- Spinal Cord Injury Chapter, Rehab Clinical Pocket Guide, 1st Edition, Siefferman, J, Scott, Y.C., and D'Alessio, D., New York, NY, Springer, 2013
- Hip Chapter, Atlas of Ultrasound Guided Musculoskeletal Injections, 1st Edition, Scott, Y.C., New York, NY, Springer 2013
- The Benefits of Epidural Steroid Injection in Far Lateral vs. Intraspinal Lumbar Disc Herniation, Rehab in Review, Scott, Y.C., December 2012
- The Dynamic Nature of Modic Changes, Rehab in Review, Scott, Y.C., February 2012
Dr. Scott keeps current in her field by attending annual conferences and continuing education programs. She is active in many professional organizations including the Greater Atlanta Pain Society, Medical Association of Atlanta, Medical Association of Georgia, Georgia Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (GSIPP), American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP), and the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPMR).
Dr. Scott has served as a volunteer physician coordinator for Special Olympics, and as a volunteer physician for community and youth events including the New York City Special Olympics Metro Tournament, ASA Football Conference, and other activities.
During her free time she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, exploring the city of Atlanta, and traveling.
- WellStar Douglas Hospital
- Member of the Piedmont Clinic
Dr. Yolanda Scott discusses chronic pelvic pain in men and women in the March 2018 issue of Chapel Hill News & Views.
OrthoAtlanta Douglasville Open House Welcomes New Physicians, Christopher Burket, MD, Sports Medicine, and Yolanda Scott, MD, Physiatry
OrthoAtlanta Douglasville held an open house event for local medical, business and community leaders on March 15, 2018 welcoming new physicians Dr. Christopher Burket and Dr. Yolanda Scott.
Yolanda C. Scott, M.D., Physiatrist, Joins OrthoAtlanta Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Specialists in Douglasville
Dr. Yolanda Scott Provides Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Non-Surgical Spine Care to Patients in the Greater Douglas County Area
OrthoAtlanta Douglasville physiatrist, Yolanda C. Scott, MD, is featured in Douglas County Sentinel.