James M. Steinberg, D.O.Book Online
Sports Medicine Fellowship
James M. Steinberg, D.O. provides orthopedic care to patients in our Covington and Monroe locations. His practice includes general orthopedics, with a specialization in sports medicine and knee replacement surgery. He is experienced in orthopedic trauma and work related injuries. He not only has a special interest in advanced arthroscopic surgery of the knee and shoulder but also has expertise in robotic-assisted knee replacement surgery.
Dr. Steinberg is board certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery and is fellowship trained in sports medicine. He completed his sports medicine fellowship in Columbus, Georgia at The Hughston Clinic and is a member of The Hughston Society. His special interest and expertise in sports related injuries has kept him involved with many organizations over the years and has extensive experience with athletes at the professional, college, high school, and recreational levels.
Areas of Interest
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Elbow Arthroscopy
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Hip Replacement
- Fracture Care
- Workers Comp
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Fellowship: The Hughston Clinic, Columbus, Georgia, Sports Medicine Fellowship, 2003
Residency: Michigan State University: Garden City Hospital, Garden City, Michigan, 2002, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
Internship: Michigan State University: Ingham Regional Medical Center, Lansing, Michigan, 1998, Traditional Osteopathic Rotating Internship
Medical Degree: Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Kansas City, Missouri, 1997, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
Undergraduate Degree: Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, 1990, Bachelor of Science
Memberships & Recognition
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Osteopathic Association
- DiPasquale T, Greiwe M, Simmons P, Zweibel B, Bernasek, T, Steinberg J, Mangar, D.: Temporary Partial Intra-iliac Balloon Occlusion for the Treatment of Acetabulum Fracture in a Jehovah's Witness: A Case Report. Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma. 19(6):418-422, July 2005.
- Steinberg J. and Manoli A.: Deep Posterior Compartmental Contracture Despite Leg Fasciotomy, Poster Presentation, American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society Annual Summer Meeting, July 11-14, 2002.
- Prosser J., Steinberg J. and Morrison D.: A Limited Open Reduction Technique for the Treatment of Complex Subtrochanteric Femur Fractures Utilizing the Long Gamma Nail, Poster Presentation, Michigan Orthopaedic Society Annual Scientific Meeting, June 21-23, 2002.
- Steinberg J. and Manoli A.: Deep Posterior Compartmental Contracture Despite Leg Fasciotomy, Poster Presentation, Michigan Orthopaedic Society Annual Scientific Meeting, June 15-17, 2001.
- Wang Y., Sugiyama H., Axelson H., Panda C., Babonits M., Ma A., Steinberg J., Alt F., Klein G., and Wiener F.: Functional homology between N-myc and C-myc in murine plasmacytomagenesis: plasmacytoma development in N-myc transgenic mice. Oncogene, Vol. 7, No. 6, pgs. 1241-1247, June 1992.
Dr. Steinberg lives in the Metro Atlanta area and has three children. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf, gardening, watching baseball and college football.
Piedmont Newton Hospital
Piedmont Walton Hospital
Member or the Piedmont Clinic