Timothy N. Ghattas, M.D.Book Online
Sports Medicine Fellowship
Areas of Interest
- Sports Medicine
- ACL Reconstruction
- Knee Injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
- Shoulder Arthroplasty and Arthroscopy
- Ankle Arthroscopy
- Sports Ankle Injuries
- Total Joint Replacement
- Fracture Care
- General Orthopedics
- Work Injuries
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellowship: Emory University, Atlanta GA, 2013, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship
Residency: University of Kansas School of Medicine, Wichita, KS, 2012, Orthopaedic Surgery
Medical Degree: Texas A&M Health Sciences, Center College of Medicine, College Station, TX,
2007, Doctor of Medicine
Undergraduate Degree: Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, 2001, Bachelor of
Science in Psychology
Memberships & Recognition
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Association
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Georgia Orthopaedic Society
- Medical Association of Georgia
- Piedmont Physician Governance Team – Piedmont Henry Hospital Representative
- Piedmont Henry Hospital Peri-Operative Governance Committee
- Piedmont Henry Hospital Orthopaedics Service Line Committee Member
Publications / Research
- Results of Subpectoral Biceps Tenodesis for the Treatment of Type II and IV SLAP Lesions, 2014, accepted for publication in the American Journal of Sports Medicine, and presented at AANA Annual Meeting and AOA and AOSSM.
- The Effects of Initial Post-Operative X-Rays on Treatment Plans and Costs, 2011, accepted for publication by the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery in 2013, and presented at several medical society meetings.
- Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumor of the Chest Wall in a Neonate: A Case Report, 2010, accepted for publication by the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery in 2013.
Dr. Ghattas is currently the team physician for Clayton State University and for Eagles Landing, Ola and Woodland High Schools in Georgia. Dr. Ghattas serves as an Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery at Morehouse School of Medicine.
Dr. Ghattas has served as an assistant team physician for the Atlanta Falcons and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, and has provided team coverage assistance to Wichita Thunder Minor League Hockey, Wichita Wild Indoor Football and Wichita State University Athletics teams. Dr. Ghattas served as a sideline physician during the 2015 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, and was the physician for the Final Four in Atlanta, Georgia in 2013. In 2003, Dr. Ghattas participated in a medical mission trip in Belize, seeing patients via mobile health clinics.
Dr. Ghattas has made numerous presentations to area college and high school students and coaching staff on topics including Anatomy and Related Orthopaedic Injuries, Shoulder and Sports-related Orthopaedic Injuries, Upper Extremity Sports Injuries and the like.
Member of the Piedmont Clinic
Clayton State University proudly unveiled its new OrthoAtlanta Athletic Training Room on Monday, November 26, 2018. OrthoAtlanta, the official orthopedic and sports medicine provider of Clayton State Athletics, contributed $60,000 to the project.
OrthoAtlanta Stockbridge breaks own company fundraising record with contributions to the annual Arthritis Foundation of Georgia Walk to Cure Arthritis. Community efforts extend to Clayton State Athletics and more.
Clayton State Athletics has received the single largest donation in the program's 27-year history as longtime partner OrthoAtlanta Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Specialists has agreed to contribute $60,000 towards the renovation of the athletic training room as announced by both organizations on Wednesday, September 7.
Dr. Timothy Ghattas shares insights into common fall season sports injuries.