Orthopedic surgeon, Felix A. Rodriguez-del Rio, M.D., specializing in Foot and Ankle surgery, joins OrthoAtlanta starting Monday, November 12, 2018. Dr. Rodriguez sees patients at our OrthoAtlanta Piedmont office on Mondays and Thursdays and our OrthoAtlanta Stockbridge office on Wednesdays. Appointments with Dr. Rodriguez-del Rio may be requested via our Patient Portal or by calling our Piedmont office at 404-352-1053 or our Stockbridge office at 770-506-4350.
Felix A. Rodriguez-del Rio, M.D.Book Online
Foot and Ankle Fellowship
Félix Rodríguez-del Río, M.D., is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is a fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon in the subspecialty of foot and ankle surgery. Dr. Rodriguez-del Rio’s practice includes comprehensive treatment options for foot and ankle conditions, including foot and ankle arthroscopy, reconstructive foot and ankle surgery, total ankle replacement, deformities of the foot, neuropathy, and charcot foot. Dr. Rodriguez-del Rio also treats general orthopedic conditions, including sports injuries, fractures and dislocations, and workers’ compensation injuries. Dr. Rodriguez-del Rio is fluent in Spanish and welcomes Spanish-speaking patients.
Areas of Interest
- Foot and Ankle
- Total Ankle Replacement
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Sports Orthopedics
- Sports Medicine
- Diabetic Foot
- General Orthopedics
- Pediatric General Orthopedics
- Fracture Care
- Workers' Compensation
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellowship: American Sports Medicine Institute, Birmingham, Alabama, Foot and Ankle Fellowship, 1999
Residency:University of Puerto Rico, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, 1998
Research Fellowship: University of Puerto Rico, Orthopedic Research, 1994
Medical Degree: University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico, Doctor of Medicine, 1992
Undergraduate Degree: Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, Bachelor of Arts Pre-Med with a minors in Acting and Theater and Computer Science, 1986
Memberships & Recognition
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Fellow
- American Sports Medicine Institute
- Puerto Rico State Society i.e. Sociedad Puertoriquena de Ortopedia y Traumatologia (SPOT)
- Flynn,J,MD, Rodriguez-del-Rio,F,MD, Pizza,P., BS Treatments of Closed Ankle Fractures in the Diabetic Patient. Foot and Ankle International, April 2000, 311-9.
- Rodriguez-del-Rio,F., Brown,V., DO, Labib, S, MD, Thornburry, D MD, Gould, J.S., MD. Extracorporeal Shock Wave Treatment of Chronic Heel Pain, Multicenter Study Collaboration. Ossatron Clinical Study. 2000.
- American Board of Independent Medical Examiner’s Permanent Impairment Workshop, 2004
- University of Puerto Rico Orthopaedic Surgery Research Award, 1998
- Past President of the Tissue Review Committee, Hospital General Menonita de Cayey, Puerto Rico
- Treasurer of the Puerto Rico State Society (SPOT) 2014 - 2015
- Incoming President of the Puerto Rico State Society (SPOT) 2015- 2016
- President of the Puerto Rico State Society (SPOT) 2016 - 2017
- Exiting President of the Puerto Rico State Society (SPOT) 2017 - 2018
Dr. Rodríguez-del Río has taken an active role in the community. Dr. Rodriguez-del Rio served as Foot and Ankle Consultant for the Puerto Rico Volleyball Olympic Team. During his tenure as President of the Orthopaedic State Society, he organized public service clinics in Puerto Rico for the underserved communities and contributed to public service weekly radio programs to orient and assist underserved and aging communities. He continues to take an active role in the medical community, serving as a medical consultant for ACUMED International Corporation.
Dr. Rodriguez-del Rio enjoys spending his free time with his family at the beach, cooking, painting, enjoying sports, music, theatre and the arts. He also enjoys working out and learning languages.
Piedmont Atlanta Hospital (in process)
Piedmont Henry Hospital (in process)
Member of the Piedmont Clinic (in process)
OrthoAtlanta Sponsors 2018 Atlanta Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis and OrthoAtlanta Physicians Named Medical Honorees
OrthoAtlanta Austell, Piedmont, Piedmont West and The Battery Atlanta proudly served as local sponsors the 2018 Jingle Bell Run 5K in Atlanta. The Physicians of OrthoAtlanta were recognized as the Medical Honoree of this year’s race/walk to raise funds for the Arthritis Foundation.
Orthopedic surgeon specializing in Foot and Ankle, serves patients at OrthoAtlanta Piedmont and Stockbridge locations.