David A. Brcka, M.D.
Sports Medicine Fellowship
- Memberships & Recognition
- Community Involvement
- Hospital Affiliations
David Brcka, M.D. is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is fellowship trained in sports medicine. Dr. Brcka has advanced training in arthroscopic hip preservation surgery, a minimally-invasive procedure for treating many painful hip conditions. His practice includes general orthopedics with special interest in hip arthroscopy for hip pain, total and reverse shoulder arthroplasty, shoulder arthroscopy, and shoulder replacement surgery. He is also skilled at total knee arthroplasty, and total knee and partial knee replacement. Dr. Brcka understands that seeking treatment for an orthopedic injury can be a confusing, and sometimes intimidating process. When you entrust your care with him, he will strive to help you understand your condition, and help you select the best treatment based on your unique situation.
Areas of Interest
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Arthroscopy / Femoroacetabular Impingement (FAI)
- Complex/Revision Shoulder and Knee Arthroscopy
- Total and Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty / Total Shoulder Replacement
- Computer-Navigated Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Total Knee Replacement / Partial Knee Replacement
- General Orthopedics
- Fracture Care
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellowship: Minnesota Orthopedic Sports Medicine Institute, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, 2009 - 2010, Orthopedic Sports Medicine Fellowship
Residency: Orlando Regional Healthcare, Orlando, Florida, 2004 - 2009, Orthopaedic Surgery Resident
Medical Degree: University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa, 2004, Doctor of Medicine
Undergraduate Degree: Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, Bachelor of Science, Biology, 1999
Memberships & Recognition
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Publications / Research:
- Larson, C, Safran, Brcka et al. Prevalence of Radiographic Hip Pathomorphology in Patients Presenting to an Orthopaedic Clinic with “Hip” Pain. Arthoscopy 28:6, e47
Honors & Awards
- Chief Resident, Orlando Regional Department of Orthopedics, 2009
- National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame Scholar-Athlete Award, 1999
Dr. Brcka has served as team physician for a community college and several high schools. He is a licensed pilot. In his free time, he enjoys cycling, mountain biking, scuba diving and flying.
Dr. Brcka serves as team physician to Sandy Creek High School.
Piedmont Newnan Hospital
Piedmont Fayetteville Hospital
Piedmont Henry Hospital
Member of the Piedmont Clinic
Piedmont Orthopedics | OrthoAtlanta offers telehealth virtual visits for many types of post-op and follow up care for existing patients.
Piedmont Orthopedics | OrthoAtlanta opens a new location in Newnan offering expanded Orthopedic and Sports Medicine care in the greater Newnan-Coweta area.
Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgeon Serves Patients in the Newnan and Fayetteville Areas