Dane A. Iams, M.D.
Adult Reconstruction Fellowship
Dane A. Iams, M.D. is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in the replacement and reconstruction of the knee and the hip, specifically primary and revision hip and knee replacement. Dr. Iams specializes in minimally invasive surgery, anterior hip replacement, robotic and computer navigated hip and knee replacement, hip resurfacing, and partial knee replacement.
Dr. Iams attended The University of Georgia for undergrad and attended the Medical School of Georgia in Augusta. Upon graduation from medical school, Dr. Iams completed his orthopedic surgery residency and adult reconstruction fellowship at The University of Florida College of Medicine in Gainesville, Florida.
Areas of Interest
- Primary Total Knee Replacement
- Primary Total Hip Replacement
- Complex Revision Knee Replacements
- Complex Revision Hip Replacements
- Robotic-Assisted Total Knee Replacements (Stryker)
- Unicondylar/Partial Total Knee Replacement
- General Orthopedics
- Sports Medicine
- Work Injuries
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellowship: Shands at the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 2014, Adult Reconstruction Fellowship
Residency: Shands at the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 2013, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
Medical Degree: Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia, 2008, Doctor of Medicine
Undergraduate Degree: University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, 2002, Bachelor of Science, Biology
Memberships & Recognition
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Tranexamic Acid Eﬀectively Reduces Blood Loss and Transfusion Rates during Simultaneous Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty. Knee Surg. 2017 May 15. doi: 10.1055/s-0037-1603333. Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL Prieto HA, Vincent HK, Deen JT, Iams DA, Parvataneni HK.
- Proximal Tibial Resorption in a Modern Total Knee Prosthesis. Arthroplasty Today. 2017 December. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.artd.2017.10.005. Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL. Published Online: December 02, 2017. Justin Deen MD, Terry Clay MD, Dane Iams MD, MaryBeth Horodyski EdD, Hari Parvataneni MD
- Revision Arthroplasty Does Not Require More Opioids Than Primaries: A Review of Prescribing Practices After Implementation of a Structured Perioperative Pain Management Strategy. Deen JT, Stone WZ, Gray CF, Prieto HA, Iams DA, Boezaart AP, Parvataneni HK.Deen JT, et al. Among authors: iams da. J Arthroplasty. 2020 Apr 14:S0883-5403(20)30333-8. doi: 10.1016/j.arth.2020.04.003. Online ahead of print.J Arthroplasty. 2020. PMID: 32482474
- The Role of Social Support and Psychological Distress in Predicting Discharge: A Pilot Study for Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Patients. Zeppieri KE, Butera KA, Iams D, Parvataneni HK, George SZ.Zeppieri KE, et al. Among authors: iams d. J Arthroplasty. 2019 Nov;34(11):2555-2560. doi: 10.1016/j.arth.2019.06.033. Epub 2019 Jun 24.J Arthroplasty. 2019. PMID: 31327646
Dr. Iams enjoys cooking, hiking, biking, golf, skiing, and surfing in his free time. He lives in the Metro Atlanta area with his family.
Member of the Piedmont Clinic