Tuan L. Bui, M.D.Book Online
Tuan Bui, M.D., is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Bui is a fellowship trained spine surgeon. In addition to spine surgery, his specialties include general orthopedics, fracture care, trauma and work injuries. Dr. Bui believes that the key to being a good doctor is being a great listener. Dr. Bui lives by this personal philosophy and brings it into his practice of medicine. Dr. Bui is fluent in Vietnamese and welcomes Vietnamese-speaking patients.
Areas of Interest
- Adult Degenerative Cervical and Lumbar Spinal Pathology
- Traumatic Spinal Injuries
- Motion Preservation Technology (Total Disc Arthroplasty)
- Minimally-Invasive Spinal Surgery
- Fracture Care
- General Orthopaedics
- Work Injuries
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellowship: OrthoCarolina, Charlotte, North Carolina 2012 Surgery of the Spine Fellowship
Residency: Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 2011, Orthopaedic Residency
Medical Degree: Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania,
Doctor of Medicine 2006
Masters Degree: Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 1998,
Master of Medical Science, Anesthesiologist Assistant
Undergraduate Degree: Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 1996, Bachelor of Science, Biology
Memberships & Recognition
- Atlanta Spine Society (Founder)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Cervical Spine Research Society
- International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery
- Lumbar Spine Research Society
- Chairman of the Department of Orthopedics for Gwinnett Medical Center, Lawrenceville and Duluth campuses
- Vice Chairman of the Department of Orthopedics at Gwinnett Medical Center (2017 - 2018)
Dr. Bui seeks to give back to the community in the United States and abroad. He enjoys traveling and spends a great deal of time doing volunteer work and medical mission trips. Dr. Bui regularly travels both internationally and domestically to learn advance technology and surgical techniques that are used around the world. He continues to travel and teach surgeons new innovative techniques and procedures. He is well known and is published in multiple orthopedic journals and media.
Dr. Bui has been elected to serve as the Chairman of the Department of Orthopedics for Gwinnett Medical Center, both Lawrenceville and Duluth campuses, beginning January, 2019, and currently serves as the department's Vice Chairman.
Gwinnett Medical Center Lawrenceville
Gwinnett Medical Center Duluth
Emory Johns Creek Hospital
Piedmont Atlanta Hospital
Member of the Piedmont Clinic
OrthoAtlanta is the Official Sports Medicine provider for the nationally-televised 2019 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game on Aug. 31 pairing Duke vs. Alabama in Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Dr. Tuan Bui shares insights into career and technology trends for patient spine care
OrthoAtlanta spine surgeon, Tuan L. Bui, M.D., has been invited to speak at the 12th Soonchunhyang Spine Symposium in Seoul, Korea on March 18, 2016. The international conference held by Soon Chun Hyang University Hospital will be attended by over 250 spine surgeons from around the world.