Virginia M. Jones, M.D.Book Online
Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship
Virginia Jones, M.D. is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and has a Certificate of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery. Fellowship trained in hand and upper extremity surgery, Dr. Jones' practice includes general orthopedics, sports medicine, hand surgery, fracture care, total joint replacement and work injuries. Dr. Jones is skilled in shoulder, elbow and hand joint replacement.
Areas of Interest
- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
- Surgery of the Hand
- Sports Medicine
- Fracture Care
- Total Joint Replacement
- Work Injuries
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certification in Orthopedic Surgery of the Hand
Fellowship: University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburg, PA, 2013, Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship
Residency: Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA, 2012, Orthopaedic Surgery Internship
Internship: Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA, 2008, General Surgery Internship
Medical Degree: Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, 2007, Doctor of Medicine
Undergraduate Degree: Davidson College, Davidson, NC, 2001, Bachelor of Science, Biology,
Concentration in Medical Humanities
Memberships & Recognition
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Member
- American Association for Hand Surgery, Member
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Member
- Atlanta Orthopaedic Society, Member
- Georgia Orthopaedic Society, Member
Honors & Awards
- Atlanta Magazine: Top Doctors: 2020, 2021
- Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors: 1st Edition
- Exceptional Women In Medicine: 2020
Publications / Research:
- Jones VM, Morse A, Andoga AM, Baratz ME. Osteochondritis Dissecans of the Elbow. Operative Techniques in Orthopaedics 23: 224-231. 2013
- Jones VM, Everding NG, Desmasais JM, Soong MC. Scapholunate Instability after Distal Radius Volar Plating. Hand 10: 678-683. 2015
Dr. Jones is active in the community educating in the area of hand and upper extremities, including the dangers of carpal tunnel. She is an active contributor to the Piedmont Healthcare Living Better blog site.
Piedmont Fayette Hospital
Piedmont Henry Hospital
Piedmont Newnan Hospital
Member of the Piedmont Clinic
Six physicians from Piedmont Orthopedics | OrthoAtlanta are proud to be selected as Top Doctors in their field for 2022 by Castle Connolly healthcare research company.
Five physicians from Piedmont Orthopedics | OrthoAtlanta are proud to be selected as Top Doctors in their field for 2021 by Castle Connolly healthcare research company.
Piedmont Orthopedics | OrthoAtlanta offers telehealth virtual visits for many types of post-op and follow up care for existing patients.
Piedmont Orthopedics | OrthoAtlanta opens a new location in Newnan offering expanded Orthopedic and Sports Medicine care in the greater Newnan-Coweta area.
Dr. Virginia Jones discusses carpal tunnel syndrome in the workplace.
Dr. Virginia Jones discusses how texting can cause Tendonitis.