Sierra G. Phillips, M.D.
Locations / Appointments
Sierra G. Phillips, M.D.Book Online
Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship
Sierra G. Phillips, M.D. is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. She is fellowship trained in hand and upper extremity surgery. Dr. Phillips' practice includes hand surgery, wrist surgery, elbow surgery, arthritis treatment, fracture care and work injuries. She has a special interest in Mini-Open Carpal Tunnel Release. Dr. Phillips' goal is to work together with the patient to determine a diagnosis and help the patient work through a treatment plan all the while maintaining open communication.
Areas of Interest
- Hand, Wrist, Elbow Surgery
- Wrist arthroscopy and reconstruction
- Nerve repair and reconstruction
- Tendon repair, reconstruction, and transfers
- Carpal and Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Treatment of arthritis in the fingers, hand, wrist, and elbow
- Treatment of Dupuytren’s Disease
- Adult and Pediatric Fracture care: finger, hand, wrist, forearm, elbow, arm, and shoulder
- Work Injuries
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellowship: Campbell Clinic, University of Tennessee at Memphis, Memphis, TN, 2020, Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship
Residency: University of Alabama Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, 2019, Orthopaedic Surgery
Medical Degree: Medical College of Georgia/Georgia Regents University, Athens, GA, 2014, Doctor of Medicine
Undergraduate Degree: University of Georgia, Athens, GA, 2009, Bachelor of Science, Biology
Memberships & Recognition
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Member
- Other: ASSH Candidate member, AMA
Publications / Research:
- Austin A, Green S, Ahsan S, Roskosky M, Shuler MS. Cadaveric Study of Appropriate Screw Length for Distal Radius Stabilization Using Volar Plate Fixation. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2015 Aug; 44(8):369-72
- Roberts L, Godoy-Santos AL, Hudson PW, Phillips S, Nishikawa DRC, Shah A, de CesarNetto C. Ankle fusion percutaneous home run screw fixation: Technical aspects and soft tissue structures at risk. Foot (Edinb). 2019 May 7;40:39-42.
- Cichos KH, Churchill JL, Phillips SG, Watson SL, McGwin G Jr, Ghanem ES, Ponce BA. Metabolic syndrome and hip fracture: Epidemiology and perioperative outcomes. Injury. 2018 Sep 8. pii: S0020-1383(18)30514-X.
- Lehtonen E, Patel H, Phillips S, Correia Pinto M, Naranje S, Shah A. Staple versus suture closure for ankle fracture fixation: Retrospective chart review for safety and outcomes. Foot (Edinb). 2018 Aug 22;37:71-76.
- Phillips S, Shah A, Staggers JR, Pinto M, Godoy-Santos AL, Naranje S, de Cesar Netto C. Anatomic Evaluation of Percutaneous Achilles Tendon Lengthening. Foot Ankle Int. 2018 Apr;39(4):500-505.
Dr. Phillips has actively participated in a medical mission trip to Costa Rica. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and son, playing soccer, beach volleyball, golf, snow skiing and cooking.
WellStar Cobb Hospital (in process)
WellStar Douglas Hospital (in process)
WellStar Paulding Hospital (in process)
Member of the Piedmont Clinic
Piedmont Orthopedics | OrthoAtlanta is Voted Best of Cobb 2022
Piedmont Orthopedics | OrthoAtlanta physicians and staff are proud to be voted Best Orthopaedist and Best Orthopaedic Group by the local Cobb County community.