Ryan W. Lirette, M.D.
Ryan W. Lirette, MD, MPH, FAAPMR is Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist with subspecialty training in Pain Medicine. He practices in our Gwinnett, and Johns Creek locations. He is an American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Fellow. Dr. Lirette provides nonsurgical orthopedic care to patients utilizing his training in nonsurgical management of musculoskeletal, neuromuscular and sports-related injuries. His practice includes nonsurgical orthopedic medicine, interventional spine and musculoskeletal medicine, kyphoplasty, botox injections to treat migraine and dystonia, spinal cord stimulation, and sympathetic blocks.
Dr. Lirette completed his medical training, residency, and fellowship at the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans. As a PM&R physician Dr. Lirette’s goal is to improve function, pain, and quality of life for his patients.
Areas of Interest
- Pain Management
- Nonsurgical orthopedic care
- Ultrasound-guided knee, shoulder, hip injections
- Lumbar Transforaminal/Interlaminar ESI
- Lumbar Facet Injection, MBB, RFA
- Sacroiliac Joint Injection/RFA
- Cervical Transforaminal/Interlaminar ESI
- Cervical Facet Injection, MBB, RFA
- Peripheral Joint under Fluoroscopy
- Peripheral Joint RFA
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Trial
- Sympathetic Block
- Botox Injection
- Chronic Pain Syndrome
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Pain Medicine
Fellowship: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA, Pain Fellowship, 2021
Residency: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency, 2020
Medical Degree: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA, 2016
Undergraduate Degree: Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, LA, Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences, 2011
Memberships & Recognition
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Neuromuscular and
- Electromyographic Medicine
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Spine Intervention Society
- Southern Pain Society
- McGraw-Hill Book Chapter, Co-Author. Principles of Rehabilitation. Geriatric Pain, in edit. 07/2020
- PM&R Knowledge Now, Online Publication. Overuse Injuries in Disorders of the Central Nervous System. 09/2018
- Case of the Month, AAPM&R Online Publication. Spastic Peroneal Flatfoot. 08/2015.
Dr. Lirette enjoys sports, trivia, podcasts, and trying new food and drinks. He lives in Lawrenceville with his wife, daughter, and dog.
Emory Johns Creek Hospital
Perimeter Outpatient Surgery Center
Piedmont Atlanta Hospital
Member of the Piedmont Clinic