Richard R. Maguire, M.D.Book Online
Sports Medicine Fellowship
Richard Maguire, M.D. is a board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is an American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Fellow. Dr. Maguire is fellowship trained in sports medicine. His interests include knee, shoulder and elbow arthroscopy, sports medicine, minimally invasive joint replacement surgery, computer assisted joint replacement surgery, general orthopaedics, fracture care and work injuries.
Areas of Interest
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Elbow Arthroscopy
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement Surgery
- Computer Assisted Joint Replacement Surgery
- General Orthopedics
- Fracture Care
- Work Injuries
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellowship: University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, 2003, Sports Medicine Fellowship
Residency: Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, 2002, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
Medical Degree: University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, 1997, Doctor of Medicine
Undergraduate Degree: Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA, 1993, Bachelor of Science, Biology
Memberships & Recognition
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
- Editorial staff for American Journal of Sports Medicine
- “Shoulder Instability – Arthroscopic and Open Surgical Options” MAGUIRE, RICHARD R.; McCallister, David R. Current Opinion in Orthopaedics, 2003; Vol. 14; #4. Accepted for Publication
- “Sliding injuries in college and professional baseball – A prospective study comparing standard and breakaway bases.” Janda, David H.; MAGUIRE, RICHARD R.; et al Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine, 1993; Vol 3; #2 pp. 78-81 Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, April 2, 1993; Vol. 42; #12 pp. 223, 229-230.
Dr. Maguire is very active in his community serving as team physician to local area high schools and sporting events. He currently serves as team physician for East Paulding High School. During his Orthopedic Sports fellowship he served as Assistant Team Physician to the University of California at Los Angeles’ football, basketball and track teams.
WellStar Cobb Hospital
WellStar Douglas Hospital
WellStar Paulding Hospital
Piedmont Fayette Hospital
Member of the Piedmont Clinic
Piedmont Orthopedics | OrthoAtlanta offers telehealth virtual visits for many types of post-op and follow up care for existing patients.
OrthoAtlanta Paulding in Hiram brings Increased staffing, services and facilities to provide one-stop orthopedic and sports medicine care to Paulding county, outside Atlanta, Georgia.