Cody L. Hightower, M.D.
Hand & Upper Extremity Fellowship
Cody L. Hightower, M.D. provides orthopedic care to patients in our Douglasville location. He is a candidate member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand as well as the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. His practice includes general orthopedics with specialty training in surgery of the hand and upper extremity, thumb and finger arthritis, shoulder arthroscopy and replacement, and fracture care.
Dr. Hightower graduated from the University of Georgia with a Bachelor of Science in Biology. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree from the Medical College of Georgia and completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Prisma Health/University of South Carolina. Dr. Hightower completed his Hand and Upper Extremity fellowship training at The University of Alabama at Birmingham. He believes in fully educating his patients about treatment options so they can make informed care decisions together.
Areas of Interest
- Hand and wrist surgery
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Shoulder replacement
- Finger arthritis
- Thumb arthritis
- Fracture care
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
Fellowship: The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, 2022, Hand & Upper Extremity Fellowship
Residency: Prisma Health/University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, 2021, Orthopedic Surgery Residency
Medical Degree: Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia, 2016, Doctor of Medicine
Undergraduate Degree: University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, 2012, Bachelor of Science, Biology
Memberships & Recognition
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Candidate Member
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Candidate Member
- Hightower, C; Mobley, K; Jones, T. “Semisupine Positioning for Proximal Humerus ORIF Using Arthroscopic Shoulder Distractor.” Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma. 34.4 (2020): e148-e152. PMID 31738239
- YiY Zhang BS, Brendan Wright BS, Peter D’Amore MD, Cody Hightower MD, Thomas Stang MD, Heidi Israel PHD, Michael Tucker MD, Robert Zura MD, Lisa K. Cannada MD. “Gunshot Wounds to the Hip: Doomed to Failure?” Journal of Surgical Orthopaedic Advances29.3 (2020):135-140
As a Carrollton native, Dr. Hightower is excited to be home and looks forward to serving the community he knows and loves. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his wife and three daughters, being active outdoors, playing golf, hunting, and riding dirtbikes.
Piedmont Atlanta Hospital
Piedmont Fayette Hospital
Piedmont Newnan Hospital
Member of the Piedmont Clinic