Charles T. Fryberger, M.D.
Sports Medicine Fellowship
Charles T. Fryberger, III, M.D. is a board eligible, orthopaedic surgeon who completed his fellowship at the Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Institute. He treats patients at our Fayetteville and Peachtree City locations. His specialties include knee, shoulder, elbow and ankle arthroscopy, sports medicine, total joint replacement surgery, general orthopaedics, adult and pediatric fracture care, and work injuries.
Dr. Fryberger is a graduate of Auburn University and completed his medical degree at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine. He completed his residency at the Campbell Clinic-University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center in Memphis, Tennessee. Dr. Fryberger has extensive experience with athletes at the professional, college, and high school levels. During his fellowship at the Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center, he provided medical coverage for the University of Alabama Football team as well as other teams at the university. Dr. Fryberger also provided coverage for the 2022 SEC Baseball Tournament, The Birmingham Barons Minor League Baseball team, and the USFL Philidelphia Stars. In the summer of 2022 Dr. Fryberger had the opportunity to provide medical coverage at The World Games in Birmingham, Alabama. Events included muay thai, wakeboarding, waterskiing, sport climbing, canopy, and gymnastics. Dr. Fryberger is the Team Physician for McIntosh High School and looks forward to becoming active in the community.
Areas of Interest
- Sports Medicine
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Elbow Arthroscopy
- Ankle Arthroscopy
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Total Joint Replacement
- General Orthopedics
- Fracture Care
- Work Injuries
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellowship: Andrew Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center, Birmingham, AL, 2022, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship
Residency: Campbell Clinic-University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center, Memphis, TN, 2021, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
Medical Degree: University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL, 2016, Doctor of Medicine
Undergraduate Degree: Auburn University, Auburn, AL, 2012, Bachelor of Science, Biomedical Sciences
Memberships & Recognition
- AO North America
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- 2019 Cichos KH, Ewing MA, Sheppard ED, Fuchs C, McGwin G Jr, McMurtrie JT, Watson SL, Xu S, Fryberger C, Baker DK, Crabtree RM, Murphy AB, Vaughan LO, Perez JL, Sherrod BA, Edmonds BW, Ponce BA. Trends and Risk Factors in Orthopedic Lawsuits: Analysis of a National Legal Database. Orthopedics. 2019;42(2):e260-e267.
- 2015 Baker DK, Ponce BA, McGwin G, Oladegi LO, Fryberger CT, Menedez ME. Psychological Distress is Associated with Greater Perceived Disability and Pain in Patients Presenting to Shoulder Clinic. J Bone and Joint Surgery. 2015.
- 2015 Baker DK, Fryberger CT, Ponce BA. The Emergence of Augmented Reality in Orthopaedic Surgery and Education. The Orthopaedic Journal at Harvard Medical School. 2015 June; 16:8-16.
- 2015 Menendez ME, Baker DK, Fryberger CT, Ponce BA. Predictors of extended length of stay after elective shoulder arthroplasty. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2015 Apr 10. pii: S1058-2746(15)00087-7. PMID: 25865089.
- 2014 Ponce BA, Menendez ME, Oladeji LO, Fryberger CT, Dantuluri PK. Emerging technology in surgical education: combining real-time augmented reality and wearable computing devices. Orthopedics. 2014 Nov;37(11):751-7. PubMed PMID: 25361359.
In his spare time, he enjoys wakeboarding, ultimate frisbee, and golf. He is a musician and enjoys playing guitar. Dr. Fryberger is married to his college sweetheart. Together they have two children and reside in the Fayetteville-Peachtree City community.
Piedmont Fayette Hospital
Piedmont Newnan Hospital
Member of the Piedmont Clinic