Health Tip: Getting Rid of Bad Breath
(HealthDay News) -- About half of adults have bad breath at some point, says the American Dental Association.
Medically called halitosis, it is frequently caused by eating certain potent foods, smoking or dry mouth.
To help get rid of bad breath, the ADA suggests:
- Brush twice a day. Floss daily.
- Use a toothbrush or scraper to clean your tongue.
- Use mouthwash when needed.
- Keep saliva flowing with chewy foods.
- Clean dentures regularly.
- Quit smoking.
- Make regular dental visits.
The news stories provided in Health News and our Health-E News Newsletter are a service of the nationally syndicated HealthDay® news and information company. Stories refer to national trends and breaking health news, and are not necessarily indicative of or always supported by our facility and providers. This information is provided for informational and educational purposes only, and is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.