Health Tip: Choose the Right Doctor
(HealthDay News) -- When you're looking for a new doctor, find someone you feel comfortable talking with, the U.S. National Institute on Aging suggests.
The agency offers these additional tips:
- Locate several doctors who meet your criteria.
- Read online reviews to understand how existing patients rate each doctor.
- Call each doctor's office and speak with the staff to get a feel for how the office operates.
- Make a list of relevant questions to ask each doctor if you do get together.
- After you meet with a doctor, evaluate the interaction and decide whether the physician meets your criteria.
The news stories provided in Health News and our Health-E News Newsletter are a service of the nationally syndicated HealthDay® news and information company. Stories refer to national trends and breaking health news, and are not necessarily indicative of or always supported by our facility and providers. This information is provided for informational and educational purposes only, and is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.