Health Tip: CBD Oil Fast Facts
(HealthDay News) -- Cannabidiol, commonly known as CBD oil, is a chemical in marijuana.
It's increasingly popular among people looking for muscle relaxation and anxiety reduction. But researchers still have a lot to learn about the substance.
MedlinePlus reminds consumers that:
- There is insufficient evidence on CBD's effectiveness for most conditions.
- Some medications cannot be taken with CBD.
- Side effects range from dry mouth to drowsiness.
- CBD is not the psychoactive component of marijuana.
- Proper dosages have yet to be defined.
The news stories provided in Health News and our Health-E News Newsletter are a service of the nationally syndicated HealthDay® news and information company. Stories refer to national trends and breaking health news, and are not necessarily indicative of or always supported by our facility and providers. This information is provided for informational and educational purposes only, and is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.