Travis W. Littleton, M.D.Make an Appointment
Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship
Travis W. Littleton, M.D., is a board eligible orthopedic surgeon, fellowship trained in hand and upper extremity surgery. Dr. Littleton’s practice includes wrist, elbow and shoulder arthroscopy, fracture care, adult and pediatric hand injuries, and work injuries. Dr. Littleton has a special interest in endoscopic and mini open carpal tunnel release, rotator cuff repair, shoulder replacement and complex elbow and wrist reconstruction. Other procedures include tendon transfers and nerve repair and reconstruction.
Areas of Interest
- Hand, Wrist, Elbow, and Shoulder Surgery
- Wrist Arthroscopy and Wrist Reconstruction
- Elbow Arthroscopy and Elbow Reconstruction
- Shoulder Arthroscopy and Shoulder Arthroplasty / Shoulder Replacement
- Nerve Repair and Reconstruction
- Tendon Repair and Tendon Transfers
- Wide Awake Hand Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Endoscopic and Mini Open Carpal Tunnel Release
- New Techniques for CMC Arthroplasty
- Treatment of Dupuytren’s Disease
- Fracture Care: finger, hand, wrist, forearm, elbow, arm, and shoulder
- Work Injuries
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellowship: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), Pittsburgh, PA, 2019, Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship
Residency: University of Tennessee, Campbell Clinic Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Memphis, Tennessee, 2018, Orthopedic Surgery Residency, Program Director Award-Hugh Smith Award
Medical Degree: University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, 2013, Doctor of Medicine, Summa cum laude
Undergraduate Degree: Lipscomb University, Nashville, TN, 2009, Bachelor of Science, Biology, Summa cum laude
Memberships & Recognition
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
- Member of American Medical Association (AMA)
Honors & Awards
- Hugh Smith Research Presentation Award, University of Tennessee, Campbell Clinic Department of Orthopedic Surgery, 2018
- Faculty Award: #1 class rank in graduating class, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Medical School, 2013
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA), University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Medical School, 2013
Dr. Littleton has been published in multiple orthopedic journals, and he has two book chapters and two publications scheduled for publication in 2019.
Dr. Littleton has actively participated in medical mission trips, both in the United States and abroad, including Haiti, Puerto Rico, and Jordan. Other travel has included visits to Honduras and Ghana West Africa. Recreational interests include cross country road trips, weight training, football, water skiing, wake-boarding, mountain biking, hiking, and outdoor activities of any kind. He is an avid sports fan and enjoys cheering on his favorite professional and college football and basketball teams.
Piedmont Atlanta Hospital
Member of the Piedmont Clinic
OrthoAtlanta Open House Welcomes New Physicians Travis Littleton, MD, and Felix Rodriguez del Rio, MD
OrthoAtlanta Piedmont held an open house for new physicians, Travis W. Littleton, M.D., and Felix A. Rodriguez-del Rio, M.D., on October 24, 2019.
Orthopedic surgeon, Travis Littleton, M.D., specializing in hand surgery, wrist, elbow, and shoulder arthroscopy, replacement, and complex reconstruction joins OrthoAtlanta.