Kevin U. Park, M.D.
Kevin Park, M.D., is a board certified orthopedic surgeon, fellowship trained in spine surgery. His practice includes adult degenerative cervical, thoracic and lumbar spinal pathology, traumatic spinal injuries, motion preservation technology, also known as total disc arthroplasty, fracture care, work injuries and minimally invasive spinal surgery. Dr. Park has conducted research and presented at both national and international meetings. As an avid golfer, his research studying the ability of golfers to return to sport after lumbar fusion has been both an intellectual and personal endeavor. Preserving quality of life in patients led Dr. Park to become a spine surgeon. Utilizing techniques such as motion preservation technology and minimally invasive procedures can influence patient outcome, returning them to the things they love doing. Dr. Park is fluent in Korean and welcomes Korean-speaking patients.
Areas of Interest
- Adult Degenerative Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar Spinal Pathology
- Traumatic Spinal Injuries
- Motion Preservation Technology (Total Disc Arthroplasty)
- Minimally-Invasive Spinal Surgery
- Fracture Care
- Work Injuries
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellowship: Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, 2015, Spine Fellowship
Residency: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, 2014, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
Post-Graduate Training: Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA, 2014, Associate Surgeon
Medical Degree: Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, 2009, Doctor of Medicine
Undergraduate Degree: Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME, 2003, Bachelor of Arts, Biology and Economics
Memberships & Recognition
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Chicago Medical Society
- Illinois State Medical Society
- AO Spine Fellow
- North American Spine Society
- Korean American Spine Society
- Stegh AH, Kim H, Bachoo RM, Forloney KL, Zhang J, Schulze H, Park KU, Hannon GJ, Yuan J, Louis DN, DePinho RA, Chin L. “Bcl2L12 Inhibits Post-Mitochondrial Apoptosis Signaling in Glioblastoma.” In press, Genes and Development 2007.
- Khan SN, Park KU, Dodwad S, Cha T, An HS. “What Volume of Bone Graft is Needed for Predictable Fusion in Single-Level Lumbar Arthrodesis? A Preliminary Investigation.” In press. Rush Orthopedics Journal 2012.
- Cs-Szabo G, Park KU, Gerard D, Lundren ME, Agarwal V, Cien A, An HS, Andersson GBJ. “Differential Sensitivity of Annulus Fibrosus and Nucleus Pulposus Cells of the Intervertebral Disc to Growth Factors and Cytokines.” In Progress.
- Park KU, Khan SN, Biswas D, An HS. “Clinical Outcomes for Patients with Spinal Stenosis Undergoing Microlaminectomy using a Modified Low Back Outcome Score.” In Progress.
- Park KU, Khan SN, Cha T, An HS. “Comparing Fusion Rates for Single Level Arthrodesis Using Local Autograft vs Allograft.” In Progress.
- Park KU, Hassanzadeh H, Nandyala SV, Manning B, Gilvar P, Phillips FM. “Treatment of Symptomatic Low-Grade Spondylolisthesis with stand-alone ALIF : A comparison to ALIF combined with Posterior instrumentation.” In Progress.
- Park KU, Hellman MD, Dvojack SA, Phillips FM. “Return to Golf After Lumbar Fusion.” In Progress.
- Park KU, Phillips FM. “Minimally Invasive Surgery for Degenerative Scoliosis.” Rush Orthopedics Journal. 2014.
- Sundberg EB, Park KU, Phillips FM. “Long Term Results of Cervial Disc Replacement.” Contemporary Spine Surgery. Accepted
- Hassenzadeh H, Louie P, Park KU, An HS. “Management of Vertebral Artery Injuries During Oncologic Spine Procedures.” Contemporary Spine Surgery. Accepted.
- Cvetanovich GL, Hassanzadeh H, Park KU, Dewald CJ. “Late Fracture After Long Spinal Fusion for Idiopathic Scoliosis.” Spine Deformity. 2015.
Dr. Park makes presentations on the topic of scoliosis and innovative treatment techniques within the communities in which he serves.
Piedmont Atlanta Hospital
Piedmont Fayette Hospital
Piedmont Henry Hospital
Piedmont Newnan Hospital
Member of the Piedmont Clinic
Piedmont Orthopedics | OrthoAtlanta offers telehealth virtual visits for many types of post-op and follow up care for existing patients.
Piedmont Orthopedics | OrthoAtlanta opens a new location in Newnan offering expanded Orthopedic and Sports Medicine care in the greater Newnan-Coweta area.
Dr. Kevin Park discusses a minimally-invasive approach to traditional laminectomy and spinal fusion in a recent Piedmont Healthcare story.
Dr. Kevin Park brings spine specialty to OrthoAtlanta.
Becker's Spine Review mentions 4 things to know about Dr. Kevin Park.