Christopher E. Alexander, M.D.
Christopher E. Alexander, M.D. is a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist with Subspecialty training in Pain Medicine. He practices in our Brookhaven and Piedmont West locations. Dr. Alexander provides nonsurgical orthopedic care to patients utilizing his training in nonsurgical management of musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, and sports-related injuries. His practice includes nonsurgical orthopedic medicine, interventional spine, and musculoskeletal medicine, Botox injections to treat migraine and dystonia, spinal cord stimulation, and sympathetic blocks.
Dr. Alexander is a graduate of Howard University in Washington, D.C. and completed medical school at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. He completed a Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation residency at The University of Miami-Miller School of Medicine and went on to complete a Pain Medicine Fellowship at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, New Hampshire. As a PM&R physician, Dr. Alexander's goal is to improve function, pain, and quality of life for his patients.
Areas of Interest
- Pain Management
- Nonsurgical orthopedic care
- Interventional spine
- Musculoskeletal medicine
- Regenerative medicine
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Sympathetic Blocks
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation- Pain Medicine
Fellowship: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire, 2020, Pain Medicine
Residency: University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, 2019, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Medical Degree: University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 2015, Doctor of Medicine
Undergraduate Degree: Howard University, Washington, D.C., 2010, Bachelor of Science, Health and Human Performance
Memberships & Recognition
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Georgia Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- Spine Intervention Society
- University of Miami Medical Center, Chief Resident-PM&R Department
- Alexander C, Dulebohn S 5/2017, Lumbosacral Radiculopathy Pain Medicine. St. Petersburg FL, StatPearls Publishing, LLC, 2017. PMID: 28613587
- Alexander C, Dulebohn S 5/2017, Lumbosacral Facet Syndrome Pain Medicine. St. Petersburg FL, StatPearls Publishing, LLC, 2017. PMID: 28722935
- Alexander C, Dulebohn S 5/2017, Lumbar Sympathetic Block Pain Medicine. St. Petersburg FL, StatPearls Publishing, LLC, 2017. PMID: 28613759
- Alexander C, Dua A 10/2020, Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block. Pain Medicine. St. Petersburg FL, StatPearls Publishing, LLC, 2020. PMID: 32491683
In his spare time, Dr. Alexander enjoys participating in community outreach, watching UNC basketball and football as well as the Chicago Bulls, weightlifting, traveling, and cycling. He lives in Metro Atlanta with his wife and two children.
Piedmont Atlanta Hospital
Piedmont West Surgery Center
Member of the Piedmont Clinic