Health Tip: Protecting Children from the Flu
(HealthDay News) -- Flu season is in full swing. Thousands of children under the age of 5 have been hospitalized for the flu in the last decade, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says.
The CDC suggests following these precautions to protect younger children:
- Keep yourself and the child away from people who are sick.
- If you have flu-like symptoms, avoid contact with the child.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces in the home.
The news stories provided in Health News and our Health-E News Newsletter are a service of the nationally syndicated HealthDay® news and information company. Stories refer to national trends and breaking health news, and are not necessarily indicative of or always supported by our facility and providers. This information is provided for informational and educational purposes only, and is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.