Home / Health News / Health Tip: Paint Exposure First Aid

Health Tip: Paint Exposure First Aid

(HealthDay News) -- From acrylic to oil-based, most paints for indoor use are safe to use. But paint users should be aware of first aid for paint exposure, says the National Capital Poison Center.

Poison Control suggests:

  • Wash paint from the skin with soap and water.
  • If paint gets into the eyes, rinse with running water for 15-20 minutes.
  • If someone swallows paint, give a small amount of water or milk to drink.Then contact poison control.
  • Watch for nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
  • If someone inhales paint fumes and feels sick, immediately get fresh air. Call Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222.
« Back to News

The news stories provided in Health News and our Health-E News Newsletter are a service of the nationally syndicated HealthDay® news and information company. Stories refer to national trends and breaking health news, and are not necessarily indicative of or always supported by our facility and providers. This information is provided for informational and educational purposes only, and is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.