Health Tip: Create a Reading-Friendly Home
(HealthDay News) -- If you fill your home with plenty of reading material and read often to your kids, you are more likely to raise children with an enthusiasm for reading, the Nemours Foundation says.
Nemours suggests how to create a reading-friendly home:
- Have a wide variety of reading materials readily available, including magazines, books and comic books.
- Create a special reading place.
- Ensure that your lighting is adequate for reading.
- Encourage your children to write.
- Read often, and make it fun.
The news stories provided in Health News and our Health-E News Newsletter are a service of the nationally syndicated HealthDay® news and information company. Stories refer to national trends and breaking health news, and are not necessarily indicative of or always supported by our facility and providers. This information is provided for informational and educational purposes only, and is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.