Health Tip: Beat the Winter Blues
(HealthDay News) -- As days become shorter and the weather becomes colder, it is not uncommon to have depression-like symptoms.
For those with the winter blues, the American Psychological Association offers ways to manage symptoms:
- Immerse yourself in daylight by going for a walk, or sitting by a window.
- Eat healthy, low sugar meals.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Stay active by exercising or scheduling pleasant activities.
- Seek professional help if symptoms worsen.
The news stories provided in Health News and our Health-E News Newsletter are a service of the nationally syndicated HealthDay® news and information company. Stories refer to national trends and breaking health news, and are not necessarily indicative of or always supported by our facility and providers. This information is provided for informational and educational purposes only, and is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.