Kemjika O. Onuoha, M.D.Make an Appointment
Orthopaedic Hip & Knee Fellowship
Kemjika O. Onuoha, M.D. is a fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in the replacement and reconstruction of the hip and knee, specifically primary and revision hip and knee replacement. He sees patients in our Monroe location. Dr. Onuoha has a subspecialty focus and training in total joint replacement and reconstruction surgery, including primary and revision hip and knee replacement. He is particularly interested in total hip replacement utilizing the direct anterior approach, robotic-assisted joint replacement surgery (including total and partial knee replacement), and computer-navigated surgery. He has experience with revision joint replacement surgery for complications after surgery or failed total joints, as well as infection and periprosthetic fracture care.
Dr. Onuoha is a graduate of the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, North Carolina and completed his medical degree at the Morehouse School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York followed by an Orthopaedic Hip and Knee Fellowship at UNOVA Hip and Knee Center in Lady Lake, Florida.
Areas of Interest
- Primary Hip Replacement
- Revision Hip Replacement
- Primary Knee Replacement
- Revision Knee Replacement
- Direct Anterior Approach Hip Replacement
- Robot-Assisted Joint Replacement Surgery
- Computer-Navigated Surgery
- General Orthopedics
- Fracture Care
Fellowship: UNOVA Hip and Knee Center, Lady Lake, Florida, 2022, Orthopaedic Hip and Knee Fellowship
Residency: State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, 2020, Orthopedic Surgery
Medical Degree: Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, 2013, Doctor of Medicine
Undergraduate Degree: University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 2009, Bachelor of Science - Biology
Memberships & Recognition
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Robert Gladden Orthopedic Society
- Burekhovich SA, Newman JM, Shah NV, Onuoha KO, Le C, Persaud CS, Naziri Q, Sodhi N, Chaudhri M, Joseph NS, Basu NN, Urban WP, Zikria BA. Epidemiology and Trends of Weightlifting-Related Sprains and Strains that Presented to Emergency Departments in the United States. JLong Term Eff Med Implants. 2018;28(2):111-117.doi: 10.1615/JLongTermEffMedImplants.2018026168.
- Onuoha KO, Solow M, Newman JM, et al. Have the annual trends of total hip arthroplasty in rheumatoid arthritis patients decreased?. Ann Transl Med. 2017;5(Suppl 3):S35. doi:10.21037/atm.2017.11.15
- Jauregui JJ, Yarmis SJ, Tsai J, Onuoha KO, Illical E, Paulino CB. Fasciotomy closure techniques. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2017;25(1):2309499016684724. doi:10.1177/2309499016684724
In his spare time Dr. Onuoha enjoys sports, museums, art, documentaries, travel, and attending comedy shows. He is excited to be back in the Metro Atlanta area and looks forward to serving his community.
Piedmont Eastside Hospital
Piedmont Newton Hospital
Piedmont Walton Hospital